How To Get Thailand Pre Visa & Visa On Arrival for Indian Citizens:
When it comes to South-East Asia, Thailand is probably on every traveller’s bucket list. Thailand is very popular among Indian tourists, simply because it is not too far away and provides great economic benefits to travellers. Be it Bangkok, Pattaya, Krabi or Phuket, Thailand has a lot to offer. From traditional Buddhist temples to exotic beaches, this popular South East Asian travel destination has got surprises for you wherever you go.
Thailand Tourism Department has once again extended the date for the officer free VISA-ON-ARRIVAL (VOA) to attract the Indian Travellers or Visitors in their Country to improve the tourism by waiving off the visa fees for indian citizens till April 2020. Through This offer Indian Travellers can save approximately INR 4659 on Visa On Arrival (VOA).
How to Get Thailand VISA
Getting a Thailand VISA is no more a hassle now as India has now become one of the few countries to enjoy Visa on Arrival services from Thailand. With the Thailand Visa on Arrival, you can visit the country for tourism purposes and stay up to a maximum of 15 days.
There are two types of Visa which are as follows:
- Tourist Visa On Arrival
- Tourist Visa Before Arrival
Thailand Tourist Visa On Arrival : Full Details
Thailand Visa on Arrival Requirements:
- Application Form – For passengers arriving at Suvarnabhumi Airport, an online application form is available. The online application can be made prior to your proposed travel to Thailand. If you’re entering Thailand from any other checkpoint (For example, Don Muang International Airport, Bangkok) you can find a hard copy of the application form there itself. The application form must be filled with the utmost correctness and right factual information.
- Passport – A Passport is the most important document when you’re travelling abroad. Although the Thai Immigration Bureau states that your Passport should be valid for a minimum of 30 days at the time of applying for the Visa on Arrival, it is recommended that you have a passport validity of at least 6 months while travelling abroad because sometimes airlines deny boarding to passengers due to similar reasons.
- Passport Size Photograph – The Passport Size Photograph should have a dimension of 4 x 6 cm.
- Flight Ticket – The biggest advantage behind planning a trip to Thailand is probably the cheap flight tickets. A lot of Indian cities facilitate direct flights to the Thai capital, Bangkok. For the Thai Visa on Arrival, you need to have a valid flight ticket (return airfare) upon your arrival at the airport. It should be within your stipulated 15 days stay in the country.
- Funds – You must carry sufficient funds on your travel to Thailand. It should be at least 10,000 Baht (Approximately 22,500 Indian Rupees) per person or 20,000 Baht (Approximately 45,000 Indian Rupees) per family.
- Proof of Accommodation – Make sure you have made your bookings for accommodation, prior to your travel to the country. This will be an essential document for your Thai Visa on Arrival.
Thailand Visa on Arrival Fees
The Thai Visa on Arrival has a fee of 2,000 Baht (Roughly 4,500 Indian Rupees). It should be paid at the time of application at the respective checkpoint. Please note that the Thai Visa on Arrival Fees should be paid in the local currency, Baht. No other currency is usually accepted especially at Don Muang Airport in Bangkok.
Thai Visa on Arrival Checkpoints
The most popular entry points in Thailand are its two airports in Bangkok, Suvarnabhumi Airport & Don Muang International Airport. Don Muang Airport focuses mainly on budget airlines especially Air Asia. On the other hand, Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok halts all the bigger international airlines of the world.
- Tourist Visa Before Arrival
Thailand Pre Visa before Departure (Tourist Visa Before Arrival): Full Details
Apart from the Thailand Visa on Arrival, you can also opt for a Thai Visa before making your way to the country. This can be done through VFS Global which is the world’s leading outsourcing and technology services specialist meant for governments and diplomatic missions across the world. Thailand Visa applications are processed by the following,
- The Royal Thai Embassy, New Delhi – Applications submitted in New Delhi, Chandigarh, Gurgaon and Jaipur are processed from here.
- The Royal Thai Consulate – General, Chennai – Applications submitted in Chennai, Hyderabad, Bangalore and Cochin are processed from here.
- The Royal Thai Consulate – General, Kolkata – Applications submitted in Kolkata are submitted from here.
- The Royal Thai Consulate – General, Mumbai – Applications submitted in Mumbai, Pune, Ahmedabad and Goa are processed from here.
FEES AND SERVICE CHARGES For VISA:
The fees for a single entry tourist visa for a maximum stay of a period of 60 days is 2500 Indian Rupees. Apart from this, the service charge by VFS is 200 Indian Rupees per application.
|VISA FEES Details|
|CATEGORY||FEES||VISA Expiration Duration||Validity Stay Duration|
|Tourist Visa (Single entry)||2,500 ₹||Three Months (3)||Limited to Stay, But not exceeding 60 Days.|
|Tourist Visa (Multiple entry)||12,000 ₹||Six Months (6)||Limited to Stay, But not exceeding 60 Days.|
|Global Services Charges|
|APPLICATIONS Group Size||SERVICE CHARGE
|01 – 24||315.00 ₹ Per Application With Taxes|
|25-40||260.00 ₹ Per Application With Taxes|
|41 and ABOVE||235.00 ₹ Per Application With Taxes|
|Optional Services Charges|
|Additional Service Offered||Advantages||Fees per application|
|Courier Service||Passport Delivery (Home / Office)||215.00 ₹ Per Application With Taxes|
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED For Tourist Visa:
There are some checklist of documents follow this:
- Passport or Travel Document (with validity not less then 6 months)
- Completely Filled Visa Application Form
- Two Recent Passport Size Photographs with Parameters (Transit Visa: 3.5 x 4.5 cm | Tourist Visa: 3.5 x 4.5 cm | Non-Immigrant Visa: 3.5 x 4.5 cm) of the applicants
- Permanent Residence Certificate (Non-Indian Passport Holder)
- Confirmed Air Tickets (IN / OUT For Thailand)
- Proof of Confirmed Hotel/Accommodation with (Address & Contact Details)
- Proof of Bank Passbook Statement
Processing Time For Tourist Visa: 3 working Days
All Vidshi Traveller Keep In Touch with us & Comments your queries regarding Thailand Pre Visa & Visa on Arrival for Indian Citizens.