Best cities to visit in India – Top Travel Destinations:-
Planning a trip to a city in India on your next holiday? Read about some of the top travel destinations in the country!
Best Cities to Visit in India
· Jaipur: Also known as the Pink City, Jaipur is probably one of the most famous tourist destinations in the entire country. With a rich heritage and modern society, Jaipur has been progressing really fast. Be it street food, grand palaces and forts, modern cafes and diverse markets, Jaipur has it all! Some of the major tourist attractions include Hawa Mahal, Amber Fort, Nahargarh Fort, Chandpole market, Jantar Mantar and City Palace. The best time to visit is between Septembers to March. The city is well connected to the rest of the country through air, rail and road.
· Udaipur: Udaipur, also known as the Venice of the East has a lot to offer. Be it trekking, boating or sightseeing, you will never run out of things to do in Udaipur. The best time to visit the city of lakes is considered to be September to March. A few major attractions include, Lake Pichola, Jagdish Temple, City Palace, Jag Mandir, Gangaur Ghat, and Bagore ki Haweli. It has its own airport which is well connected to the other parts of the country. It is also well connected through rail and road. You’ll easily find buses to Udaipur from Jaipur, Jaisalmer and Delhi.
· Varanasi: Are you a history buff and looking for some peace? If yes, then you should definitely visit Varanasi. The beautiful ghats, the prayers along the Ganges and a boat ride in the holy river are too mesmerizing for a spiritual experience. The best season to visit Varanasi is considered to be between Octobers to February. A few of the major tourist attractions include Assi Ghat, Dashashwamedh Ghat, Manmandir Ghat, Manikarnika Ghat, Kashi Vishwanath Temple and Durga Temple. The Varanasi Airport is well connected to the other major cities of India. Kashi Railway Station and Varanasi Junction are the two major railway stations in the city. By road also, Varanasi is well connected to other nearby cities in the country.
· Mysore: Most popular for gorgeous silk sarees, Mysore consists of both the old and the new. From being a royal city, it has now grown to be an IT Hub especially in South India. There are a lot of places to visit in Mysore. Some popular tourist attractions include, Mysore Palace, Somnathpur, Brindavan Gardens, Mysore Zoo, Chamundeshwari Temple, Karanji Lake and GRS Fantasy Park. The best time to visit Mysore is considered to be October to March, though it seems to be pleasant throughout the year. And don’t forget to taste the extremely sweet Mysore Pak on your next visit to this royal city!
· Agra: The home of one of the wonders of the world, Agra is a city which even the foreign tourists don’t miss out on their trip to India. Very famously known for Taj Mahal, Agra does have more to offer. Other major tourist attractions include, Agra Fort, Jama Masjid and Fatehpur Sikri. The best time to visit is between Aprils to October. The city is well connected to other nearby places by road and rail.
· Rishikesh: Also known as the adventure capital of India, Rishikesh is a must visit if you’re looking forward to experience some adrenaline rush. Best time to visit Rishikesh is between September to November and February to June. Its major attractions include Rajaji National Park, Lakshman Jhula, Neelkanth Mahadev Temple, Parmarth Niketan, Ram Jhula and Shivpuri River Rafting Point. The nearest air connect is the Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun while for railways, it is Haridwar Junction. It is well connected to the major Indian cities by road.
· Delhi: Delhi, a city that’s so welcoming that people feel at home is a big tourist destination as well owing to its cultural and historical richness. From the historical marvels of the Mughal dynasty and the Delhi Sultanate to the very iconic Rashtrapati Bhavan, Delhi is filled with some of the most beautiful places in India! The best to visit the national capital is between Octobers to March. Some of the major tourist attractions include the Red Fort, Qutub Minar, Jama Masjid, Lotus Temple, Akshardham Temple and Humayun’s Tomb. Delhi is well connected to the entire country through air, rail and road.
· Mumbai: Mumbai, a city that never sleeps is definitely on everyone’s wish list for travelling. Very famous for its nightlife and especially Bollywood, this mega city has something for everyone in store. The best time to visit Mumbai is considered to be between Novembers to February. Major tourist attractions include, Gateway of India, Haji Ali Dargah, Elephanta Caves, Siddhivinayak Temple, Nehru Planetarium, Kamla Nehru Park and Marine Drive. This financial capital city of India is well connected to the entire country through air, rail and road. To experience being a true Mumbaikar, make sure you bite into that vada pav and sip into the masala tea while you wait to get into the next local train!
· Kolkata: The city of joy, Kolkata is a must visit if you wish to experience some old charm and modern culture. The entire city comes together during the grand celebration of the Durga Puja. The festival is best celebrated with sweets and Bengali delicacies. The preferred time to visit Kolkata is considered to be between Novembers to February. Some major tourist attractions include Victoria Memorial, Howrah Bridge, Indian Museum, Dakshineswar Kali Temple, Eden Gardens Cricket Stadium, Kalighat Kali Temple, Birla Planetarium and St. Paul’s Cathedral. Kolkata is well connected to the entire country through air, rail and road.
· Kochi: Kochi, Kerala’s port city has a lot to offer to tourists. Backwaters of Kochi, Marine Drive, Hill Palace and the historical Fort Kochi & Mattancherry Palace are to name a few. The Jewish Synagogue in Kochi is the oldest of its kind in the Commonwealth of Nations. Pallipuram Fort built by the Portuguese in the 16thcentury is the oldest existing European fort in India. Best time to visit Kochi is usually between Octobers to February.
All Visitors are advised to bookmark our Website for getting Swift detailed information regarding Travel Tips and Ask Your Questions in Comment Box Below regarding and tell about your best city in India for travelling purpose. Keep In Touch with Us.